The good news fairy takes another smoke break

That job that was supposed to start in mid-March now isn’t going to start until the end of March. Given the comedy of errors that it has been so far, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if, in two weeks, I find out that it will be mid-April or later before the damned thing starts. However much I would like to work there again, I can’t afford to be strung along much longer. I know they really want me back, but they don’t seem to be considering that I actually have bills to pay and I can’t hold myself available indefinitely for a job that is feeling more and more ephemeral as the days go by.

So, I’ve avoided telling any of the other agencies that I’m off the market. And I’ve started actually actively looking at job postings again. Got a call this afternoon from another agency about another contract position and I told her to go ahead and send me the details.