I frequently shop online at Well.ca, a Canadian online drug store whose prices are frequently better than local stores…and they offer free shipping with no minimum purchase requirements.
February at Well.ca is free sample month. And, unlike most free samples you get that are small, well, samples, several of the freebies offered by Well.ca are full-sized products. I placed an order recently and one of my free samples* was a 30-day supply of a new multivitamin with probiotics from Merck called Multibionta.
Multibionta makes the claims that it:
- strengthens the immune system
- optimizes digestive and intestinal health
- reduces the duration of colds
- reduces the severity of cold and flu symptoms
- reduces stress and exhaustion
Multibionta contains the usual daily multivitamin vitamins (A, D, E, C, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, B6, B12, folate, biotin, and pantothenic acid) and minerals (calicum, phospohorus, iron, magnesium, zinc, iodine, manganese, chromium, molybdenum, and selenium) as well as the following probiotics:
- Lactobacillus gasseri PA16/8
- Bifidobacterium bifidum MF20/5
- Bifidobacterium longum SP07/3
which they say will help with digestive health, possibly help alleviate allergy symptoms (lord, do I need that), may help with lactose intolerance (part of the digestive health aspects), and boost the immune system.
Sounds like exactly the kind of thing I could use. For ongoing use, they’re pretty expensive ($15 for a month supply) but I can well afford to try them out with the free 30-day supply. And if I like it, the freebie includes a coupon for $10 off the regular product.
If you’re interested in trying them out for yourself, you can get a 30-day supply for free if you spend $30 or more at Well.ca this month, or you can get a coupon on the Multibionta web site for $5 off. Then you can sign up for their Multibionta 30 Days to Great Challenge and be entered to win an iPad. I’ve signed up and I think I’ll try to get back into posting here on this blog after my long absence by posting about whether or not I’m feeling any benefits.
* Another freebie was an awesome echinacia cough and throat drop called Herbon, which was perfect timing, since I’ve had a cough for the last two weeks that just won’t go away.